Can I also use baking mixtures?
– Yes, all kinds of baking mixtures for bread can be used. Always fill in the liquid and then the dry ingredients.
Can I also bake small breads (400 g) with the BA 550?
– Yes, baking small breads is also possible. However, there should be still enough dough in the pot that the dough can be kneaded reasonably. For baking very small quantities, please use the programme “Kurz” (short).
Isn’t the appliance too small for yeast dough made from 500 g of flour, once the dough “rised” and thus has much more volume?
– Not at all, the BA 550 is not too small for this. The bread maker is designed to bake bread with a final weight of up to 900 g.
Will there be any problem if I did not put extra ingredients in the container, but forgot to turn if off?
– No, it doesn’t matter. The ingredients container opens with a “click” and stays open downwards. However, you can close it by hand if you do not want the heat to expand upwards later during baking.
Cleaning in the dishwasher?
– The inner container is equipped with a very high quality non-stick coating. Therefore, cleaning in the dishwasher is not necessary and also not advisable. Tips for simple cleaning are described in the instruction manual.
Is it possible to enter an individual baking programme in the bread maker?
– Yes, you can enter your own baking program. Programme No. 13 is an individual programme, for which the kneading, rising and baking times can be determined individually.
Which bread size should I use for a ready-made baking mix (500 g)?
– Please make the setting for the bread size according to the filling weight of the baking pan. Add all other ingredients (in this case “water”) to the 500 g of baking mixture and you get a value for the bread size.
How do I bake a cake (60 minutes baking time)? If I select program 8 (baking), a baking time of only 10 minutes is displayed?
– The programme BACKEN (BAKING) has a variable baking time of 10 – 60 minutes. Use the keyboard to increase the value to the desired baking time.
Is the baking pan also suitable for sourdough?
– Yes, the baking pan is also designed for processing sourdough. In this respect, the coating is a very important issue.
The programs cannot be set. What can I do?
– Please press the start/stop button until you hear a beep. Each program can now be set using the program button.
My bread collapses in the middle part and doesn’t rise properly. What can I do?
– The optimal water temperature for preparing bread is approx. 20 – 25 ° C. If lukewarm water is added, the rising process is triggered much too early. During the rising phase, the hot water dough gains volume. Thus, before the end of baking, the bread will collapse.